Laars heater won't stay on

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
sverny
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30K pebbletek with purex whisperflo and 2072 DE filter. I also have a detached spa that is plumbed to circulate filtered H20 from the pool system and gravity drain back to pool. It has it's own whisperflo for booster and Laars EG-175 with bronze headers but upgraded to run on electronic ignition with dual temp controls. Push button spa control to switch between booster and/or booster with heater.

Laars heater won't stay on

Postby sverny » Tue 15 Oct, 2019 20:16

I have a laars heater on my detached spa. I turn it on via an air switch that kicks on a whisperflo booster and the heater. I also installed LED lights over by the equipment to show what phase is on (green light on = booster running / red light on =heater is active). Lately I have this problem that I kick the spa on to get it going (both lights on) and it gets up to around 90 and then the heater quits but the green light also goes dim even though the booster is still running. If I turn it off and let it sit and start it after a few minutes it goes on again and usually heats up to my set temp. I want to troubleshoot the circuit when the heater kicks off but (here's the weird part) as soon as I remove the front heater panel it kicks right on. Any suggestions on why this happens. I am getting frustrated at the intermittency of my heater. Thanks ahead to any who respond.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”