Recommendations on Robot Pool Cleaner

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Hootis47
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Approximately 15,000 gallon free form shaped chlorine pool.

Recommendations on Robot Pool Cleaner

Postby Hootis47 » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 11:30

Brand new to the forum and first post, so if this is in the wrong place, just let me know!

I’m looking into a new robot pool cleaner and would like to hear from anyone with good or bad experiences with any you may have tried.

I’ve had a Polaris 9300 for the last 6 years or so and it seems to have bit the dust (this was my first and 6+ years seemed like a good run, but if you feel differently I’d love to hear that too!) It was included from the company that built our pool, so it’s all I’ve known, but I always felt it did a good job. I’ve been looking at new products and all seem to have mixed reviews online, and now I don’t know if I should go all out and spend $1200-$1500, or could get the same result for $600-$800.

Our pool is about 15,000 gallons, freeform shape inground, with a sun deck approx 8’ wide and 6’ long. Two benches with about 1.5’-2’ of water from the waterline to the seat, three stairs at the sun deck, and at the longest point of the pool about 35’ in length. It’s in direct sunlight most of the day (in Louisiana, so some very hot weather during the summer) with no trees very close, so we don’t deal with a lot of leaves or anything like that.

I’ve mainly been looking at Dolphin products, because it seems like in most lists online they seems to ranked very high as one of the best in the market. The Dolphin Premier seems to top many lists, so I’ve read a lot about it and was almost set to make the purchase ($1,147 on Amazon). Then I saw the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus which has a lot of the same features for less than $800 and didn’t know what to do! Then reading reviews on that one, a number of people were having issues with it dying quickly and customer service not being very helpful. Of course there are plenty of experiences that are the exact opposite, so it’s almost no help.

I’ve said ALL THAT (sorry for the long post) to again get to the question - anyone have any recommendations on these products, or any others? Our pool typically doesn’t get that dirty so again I don’t know if I can roughly get the same result spending close to half the money on one of these.

Thanks for any input!

poolschool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: ~14400, Intelleflo, Solartouch

Re: Recommendations on Robot Pool Cleaner

Postby poolschool » Sat 09 May, 2020 14:45

I'm in the same position you're at with the same pool size, except mine is rectangular.

I can't provide any suggestions, but interested at what other people will say!
wiz28
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Recommendations on Robot Pool Cleaner

Postby wiz28 » Thu 14 May, 2020 13:01

I did a lot of research on these things and I came to the conclusion that the Nautilus was the best based off of reviews. I personally don’t have one of those because I found a Dolphin Premiere online for $100. They didn’t know what they had and I scooped it up. There is also a unit called the Pool Blaster that may interest you. I do have one of them and it works great! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”