Pool spa help

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
dlfjr1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: The pool is an In-ground pool built in 2003. New liner in 2019, new heater in 2020, new sand filter in 2017. The pool is 18x36 with an overflow hot tub. The pool is round on shallow end into a deep end that is rectangular. The depth is 3.5 to 6.5. The pool has a vinyl liner. The pump is a Hayward super pump Model #C48L2N134B1, 1.5 HP. The filter is a Hayward sand filter, Model # S244T. The pump is original to pool.

Pool spa help

Postby dlfjr1 » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 12:07

I have an overflow spa and it works fine. The only issue is that when I shut my filter off, the water level drains to about the pool level. My system is set up so that it has 4 intakes into a manifold (spa drain, skimmer, vacuum, and main drain) and four outputs from a manifold (spa Jets, stair jets, pool return and water feature. All the plumbing after the pump and after the filter are new. The manifolds are original and so is the pump (installed 2003). The valves have a ball inside to shut off water by turning. Could the spa drain one have a crack in it allowing water to go through thus going back into the pool?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool spa help

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 16:25

Did it ever work with out it draining out
If so there is probably a non return valve (NRV) which has failed or jammed open

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”