DE filter - air relief valve

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Jiggs1219
I'm new here
I'm new here

DE filter - air relief valve

Postby Jiggs1219 » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 23:19

Hey guys,

First time here.I have air bubbles coming from from pump basket and I tried changing and lubing the o ring but it’s still persisting. No matter how many times I adjust the o ring and the cover, bubbles keep appearing from near the top. I have ordered a new cover for my Hayward 1600 pump to hope that fixes it but that’s still a few days away.

The new problem is while I was trying to fix this, the DE filter might have gotten affected. I tried backwashing, priming with the recirculate option to let the air out and changing it back to the filter option. The water looks like it’s going thru but the air relief valve doesn’t show water shooting out of it. There doesn’t seem to be much air in it either. Is this just too much air in the system causing issues? I was able to run the pump and filter the way it was for the past month until I got a new o ring delivered. The person who opened my pool said it didn’t need immediate replacing and there weren’t too much bubbles and that I can probably get thru the season like this if I wanted to.

This is the video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fHHpjWAEzE

Any advice or tips?
Thanks!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”