Choosing roller for cover

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
beanPoolOwner
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: volume : 50 m3
length : 8m
width : 5m
kidney (bean) shaped
saltwater system

Choosing roller for cover

Postby beanPoolOwner » Tue 09 Jun, 2020 07:24

I need help deciding between these 2 pool covers, for my bubble cover of 5m by 8 metres.

1)

- 180 euros
- 12 kg
- 2 wheels on each side

2) Image

- 220 euros
- 10.5 kg
- 2 wheels on only 1 side

I lean towards the first one, but my main concern is with the wheels. Does having 4 wheels instead of 2 means it is less stable ? I am worried about it tipping over when I try to put the cover, alone, back on the pool.

Any advice? Thanks!

showngo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30x40 L shape in-ground pool with slide and diving board filtered with glass medium and kept clean by a UV/Ozonator system.

Re: Choosing roller for cover

Postby showngo » Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:53

I have two of the bottom picture. After having that I wouldn't want the one with wheels on both sides, the wind seems to grab these and blow them in the pool, With the castor wheels I think that would make it easier. Mine is 3 years old and still looks and operates as it should.
beanPoolOwner
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
kidney (bean) shaped
saltwater system

Postby beanPoolOwner » Thu 11 Jun, 2020 15:30

showngo wrote:I have two of the bottom picture. After having that I wouldn't want the one with wheels on both sides, the wind seems to grab these and blow them in the pool, With the castor wheels I think that would make it easier. Mine is 3 years old and still looks and operates as it should.

Ok, thanks, I'll go with the second one then. Thanks for your help!
showngo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30x40 L shape in-ground pool with slide and diving board filtered with glass medium and kept clean by a UV/Ozonator system.

Postby showngo » Fri 12 Jun, 2020 15:49

I suggest laying it over on its side while the cover is on the pool, that seems to keep the cover from blowing and pulling it in the pool. For the most part it floats so it isn't a huge deal if it goes in though. Maybe we just have bad crosswinds at my house too.
beanPoolOwner
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
kidney (bean) shaped
saltwater system

Postby beanPoolOwner » Mon 15 Jun, 2020 09:41

showngo wrote:I suggest laying it over on its side while the cover is on the pool, that seems to keep the cover from blowing and pulling it in the pool. For the most part it floats so it isn't a huge deal if it goes in though. Maybe we just have bad crosswinds at my house too.

I see, thanks for that. I was actually not thinking about when there's wind, but the moment I turn the wheel to remove the cover from the pool. I am hoping to do that alone, but not sure if the castor wheels would allow that.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”