Idegis Plus salinator not generating chlorine

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Ged
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I am in Mallorca, Spain. I have an outdoor salt water pool. 8 x 4m aprox 50m3 volume. Idegis Plus salinator installed - old but has always worked well. pH control has been deactivated from Idegis unit and a newer, pH automated control put in. Sand filter. I do my own maintenance but am far from an expert - particularly when it comes to the machinery!

Idegis Plus salinator not generating chlorine

Postby Ged » Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:44

I have a salt water pool with an Idegis Plus salinator. It has always worked well with little manintenance. However, I am now getting an alert saying "COLD WATER/LOW SALT". As a result of this alert the salt cell is not generating chlorine as it usually does and I am having to add chemicals. The pool water is not cold (77ºF /25ºC) and the salt level is within the correct range. I have reset the Idegis Plus machine numerous times, checked and cleaned the salt cell plates and removed/ refitted the battery but I cannot remove this warning sign which is preventing the machine from doing its job! Your suggestions would be really welcome!
UPDATE FOR ANYONE INTERESTED: IDEGIS HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THIS MESSAGE MEANS THAT MY TITANIUM PLATES ARE NO LONGER WORKING AND NEED TO BE REPLACED. THAT WILL BE COSTLY - BUT AT LEAST IT MAKES SENSE!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”