key cover and handle

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
seoffen
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Kidney shaped, in-ground, about 24000 gallons, hayward sand filter, 1.5 hp pump,

key cover and handle

Postby seoffen » Fri 12 Jun, 2020 19:52

I went from a 1 hp pump to a 1.5 hp pump because I moved the pump/filter further away (about 50') from the pool. I keep seeing water come out of the Waste port when the value is in Filter. I took the key assembly out, everything looks fine, but what I am seeing is the valve handle is loose after I put everything back together.

The handle is tight when the pump is not running and loose when it is running, this leads me to believe there is more water pressure pushing the valve up than when I had a 1 hp pump. Is there a key cover and handle assembly rated for a 1.5 hp pump? or a better spring assembly? The filter is about 15 years old.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: key cover and handle

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 13 Jun, 2020 04:38

Normally you rate a pump to the filter. I would be inclined to try your 1 hp pump
It does seem that the pressure is forcing up the internal off the spider gasket
You could talk to Inyo pools because as you say a stronger spring would do the same thing

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”