Vacuum to waste clogging?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
zrootoo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Vacuum to waste clogging?

Postby zrootoo » Sun 21 Jun, 2020 13:05

Hi! Never really had an algae problem before, little green tint but caught it and SLAMed it. Opened it a few weeks ago and had a massive amount of dead algae in it. Again, no problem, just read up here on it(thank you for the help), SLAMed it, and it’s mostly gone.

My problem is that every time i vacuum to waste, it works for about 5 mins then loses suction. Then i have to mess with the multi port head and keep messing with it blindly and it eventually goes back to normal. But I’m doing the pool equivalent of pushing buttons till it works.

I feel like maybe I’m suctioning everything too fast and it’s clogging somewhere?

When i suction, i turn off the skimmer inlet and just suction through the dedicated vacuum inlet. I disconnected the hose after this loss of suction, and opened up both inlets, still no suction. I open the basket on the pump and jog the pump a few times, keep the pump off a bit with the top off to put air in the lines and then pull suction again, trying to maybe to build suction on the inbound side if it’s clogged. Basically just back and forth until i get lucky. Please help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”