Vacuum to waste clogging the lines?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
zrootoo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Vacuum to waste clogging the lines?

Postby zrootoo » Sun 21 Jun, 2020 14:45

I wrote this all out and created the post and it went to the ether somewhere, so here’s try #2

Lots of dead algae when i opened the pool this year. Vacuumed to waste per instructions found on this post, as i never had this much dead algae before that warranted it. Every time i do it though, it works for 5 mins then loses pressure. Stops sucking and pulling water. So i disconnect the hose from the vacuum port, try and restart, but it doesn’t work. I mess with different modes on the multi port head of the filter, and jog the pump, take off the cover of the pump and blast the hose in, ect. But really it’s the pool equivalent of pushing buttons till it works.

I’m thinking Maybe the line is clogging if I’m vacuuming up too much too fast? Not sure but it takes a while to fix and i suspect it’s somehow self correcting or I’m getting lucky by fixing it each time. Btw, I’m only opening the inlet to the vacuum port, closing off the skimmer inlet. Also, after all this takes place, it does still move water through when i set to filter, but i not like 50-60% and sounds like the pump is running harder than normal.

Can anyone help with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Vacuum to waste clogging the lines?

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 02:23

It seem that the pump impellor is blocked
If you have that much algae use a net to collect

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”