Hoping to get pool fountain running, need help!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
lklopp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I wish I knew all of this!

Hoping to get pool fountain running, need help!

Postby lklopp » Sun 05 Jul, 2020 08:37

Good morning,
We have a pool with a rock fountain that hasn't been connected since we bought the house. We recently started working to try to get it going, and connected the valve for the fountain to the pipe in the ground that attaches to the pool water return (from the pump).

We know the fountain channel is clear (I put a hose to it before we hooked it up, and it didn't take much pressure for water to come out). But after connecting the fountain valve to the pool return hose (it looks like tree roots had broken the connection long ago; we just removed all remnants of the tree), there isn't enough pressure at normal pump level (it runs at 1800) to get water up the rock. When I primed the pump water came out, and it came out at the max pump level of 2650, but I know we're not supposed to run the pump that high.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways that we can increase the pressure to the fountain without turning the pump to max? I know this is vague, I have photos but can't see how to attach them to my post.

I appreciate any advice! (On the fountain or on how to attach photos! :-) )

Lara

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Hoping to get pool fountain running, need help!

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 05 Jul, 2020 17:01

Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop
If you have valves you can balance the flow between waterfall and pool (be aware that aeration raises pH)
lklopp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I wish I knew all of this!

Re: Hoping to get pool fountain running, need help!

Postby lklopp » Sun 05 Jul, 2020 19:21

Thank you so much! We realized that if we turn the pump up a bit, to 2100 rpm, and we shut off the return to the spa, the waterfall runs. :-)

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”