Intex Filter pump to Summer Waves Elite Pool

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
ajd2010
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20 x 48 Summer Waves Elite Above Ground Pool
Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI

Intex Filter pump to Summer Waves Elite Pool

Postby ajd2010 » Mon 03 Aug, 2020 14:47

Hello,

I have a 20 x 48 Summer Waves Elite Pool that purchased a couple of years ago, and I decided to purchase a new cartridge filter which is an Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V.

I am having a really hard time trying to get the hoses connected from the Intex filter pump to the suction return, it seems like the intex hose is too big and there is hard plastic around it so a clamp doesn't seem to work. I tried to connect the intex hose to another standard hose and to the pool but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas besides by a new filter pump?

sherbear74
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18'x48" Coleman I have a swimpro sand filter and a Intex 635t 1500 gph filter pump

Re: Intex Filter pump to Summer Waves Elite Pool

Postby sherbear74 » Tue 11 Aug, 2020 01:56

I had the same issues with my hoses but I found a solution that worked really well..take one of those long bbq lighters and use it on the end of the hose by going all the way around it with the lighter for a couple mins then hurry and put it over the return and tighten the clamp around it..hope that helps

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”