Prologic communication issue

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
sal3107
I'm new here
I'm new here

Prologic communication issue

Postby sal3107 » Tue 02 Feb, 2021 21:11

I have a Prologic PS-8 system and am having trouble with getting the display boards to communicate with the main board. I just replaced my main board (GLX-PCB-PRO) after a Hayward certified tech told me that my issue was the board.

I actually have 2 display boards, one at the panel connected to the local display and an external - share because it’s unlikely that both went out at the same time. Both displays are actually functioning in terms of cycling through the default display and when I push any button, I get a beep and the backlight to come on, just no response / communication with the main board.

I did check each wire on the harness that connects the main board to the display board for continuity and was all good so I’m sort of at a loss. I assume there are some other “required” components that are malfunctioning somewhere causing my display board to not communicate with the main board.

I did notice that when I turn the system off at the breaker, I get a comm 2 error but none of the solutions I’ve found online to that seem to be helping.

Wondering if it’s one of the temp sensors? I’ve read those are required so maybe one is shorting and causing the problem.

The main board memory (before I replaced) was apparently intact because my pump was still running off the timer setting.

Any help is much appreciated!

sal3107
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Prologic communication issue

Postby sal3107 » Sat 06 Feb, 2021 13:56

Quick update on this issue, I ended up replacing the temp sensors just to be safe and now I’m getting a comm 2 error upon shutdown anytime the sensor block is installed. When the sensor block is off, I still can’t communicate with the board but no error.

Called the Hayward hotline and they are recommending a new display board which I’m open to but wanted to get some advice from this forum before shelling out another $400-500. I have 2 identical display boards and both have the same issue so I’m a bit skeptical that both went out at exactly the same time.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”