Help Identifying Old Parts

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
bscott8880
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30k gallon 60's gunnite pool (best guess)

Help Identifying Old Parts

Postby bscott8880 » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 18:59

Hi All,

Last year we purchased a house from 1966 which included an original swimming pool (gunnite, we think). The pool itself has been neglected over the years by various owners and I feel we just skated by last summer without major incidents. I drained it this past fall so I could start tackling some projects. Namely replacing broken tile, painting the surface, and replacing any missing or broken parts. The latter is the reason for the message.

Could I get some help from some of you on identifying some of the parts in the pics below?

Part #1 (also the image of the post): https://imgur.com/a/31jIrtJ

This is some sort of vent that we can't identify. It's near the expansion joint of the decking but doesn't line up with it.

Part #2: https://imgur.com/a/IevY5WQ

90% sure that this part of the drainage system. There are a handful of these in the pool, plus one in the spa. The spa is the only one that seems to function in a drain capacity. The rest look like they have been plastered shut (either intentionally or by accident)

Part #3 https://imgur.com/a/BCT8B7g

There are 4 of these evenly spaced across the pool surface. Best guess is that this is meant for a pop-up head/cleaning jet, but I can't confirm it. All 4 are empty. It could also be that these are just covered/sealed versions of part #2

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Re: Help Identifying Old Parts

Postby dynamictiger » Sat 06 Mar, 2021 04:42

I think photo 2 and 3 are likely Sta-Rite floor inlets.
ncalsuz
I'm new here
I'm new here

I also need help Identifying Old Parts

Postby ncalsuz » Mon 06 Jun, 2022 22:03

My Pool is about 20 years old and has a leak. I am pretty sure this valve was one thing leaking. It had silicone all between the part in the photo with the screen and the holder ring in the other photo. The holder had a plastic ring on it with 4 grooves but the plastic had degraded so it chipped away when I used the pliers to take it off. The remaining part doesnt seem to come out, but it looks like a 3/4" screen over something and surrounded by half inch resin of some sort. Can anyone tell me what this is, How I can get a replacement and how I remove the inner part still in the receptacle with the female 1.5 inch thread opening? Other pool equipment has brandd name Jandy, Pentair and Hayward on it. The Spa has the same fiitting in it, but has a bubble over it so I am thinking maybe a tiny bubble light of some sort, though I dont see how you would get it out to replace a bulb so maybe thats not it.

Need assistance on what I should do with it. Should I get a plug and plug it up, or is there a replacement fitting made for whatever it was.

Does it go into the sealed plumbing or is it an electrical thing that would obviously leak if it wasnt all sealed in?

Found answer on another forum. This was an old fiber optic light. Advice was to cap the jet receptacle to stop the loss of water and replace light with a different light in the future.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”