Pool Solar Coverings

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
FLPools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground, S. FL, Hayward heater

Pool Solar Coverings

Postby FLPools » Wed 10 Mar, 2021 20:29

Looking for feedback on bubble wrap style "solar" covers. I've purchased 2 in the last 3 years despite warranties. Apparently warranties are only for seams and the seams have to come apart evenly not rip as mine did. While they do work, the deterioration of the bubbles and accumulating in the filter and the cost is problematic.

Ive purchased an 8 ml thinner one and then a 16 ml thicker one (thinking thicker would last longer, it did not) both clear, both began dissolving after a season (Nov-April-ish). I hosed and stored them in an a/c shed for the remainder of the year. I recognize the FL sun takes a toll but this there's got to be a better solution

Would there be any reason for a blue one to last any longer?
Does anyone have any experience with the silver metallic backed ones as sold on Home Depot?
Has anyone used the circular, inflatable ones and had them survive longer?
Would a plain tarp achieve the same thing?

TIA for your advice & feedback.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool Solar Coverings

Postby Teapot » Thu 11 Mar, 2021 04:19

Cant speak for home depot ones but Geobubble is very good. That said when on the roller you should have a cover over the roler
FLPools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground, S. FL, Hayward heater

Re: Pool Solar Coverings

Postby FLPools » Thu 11 Mar, 2021 14:09

Thanks for the response. Seems they are an EU/UK company not selling in the USA. Appreciate that they aren't Chinese though which seems to be all we get in the US. Perhaps a few Floridians will chime in also.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”