Replacing Standpipe

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
bertschej
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a chlorine pool with a American Products Total filter

Replacing Standpipe

Postby bertschej » Mon 16 Aug, 2021 17:10

Hello!

I am hoping you guys can provide some guidance on a repair I have to make to my father-in-law's pool. He has an American Products (Pentair) vertical DE filter 36 sq Ft. The stand pipe that connects to the filter cartridge manifold, along with the manifold, have warped so I need to replace Them. On top of buying the stand pipe, is there anything tips or advice you can provide? I am also replacing the manifold but that is very straight forward compared to the standpipe.

I purchased a Pentair part 190035 for the standpipe and 59023500 for the cartridge assembly. Will it just be a matter of taking the old one off and re-plumbing the new standpipe to the old 2 inch PVC? Or will I also need a new valve adapter kit?

Thank you so much in advance!! Hoping you can help

Justin B

Lucas Anderson
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Replacing Standpipe

Postby Lucas Anderson » Tue 31 Aug, 2021 04:33

I think it will be enough for you to replace the old pipe with a new one, but only if the other parts are not damaged. Be sure to check the operation of the filter and pump to avoid unnecessary problems. By the way, I have wonderful sexes for you that will help you with the repair of the pool.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”