moving from backwash to filter on multivalve is causing leaking in backwash return

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Bidderbl
I'm new here
I'm new here

moving from backwash to filter on multivalve is causing leaking in backwash return

Postby Bidderbl » Wed 18 Aug, 2021 11:33

I am having a problem where when i move my multiport valve from backwash to filter, i am still getting water coming out of the backwash/rinse return. Its not as much water but still losing water in the pool. I have searched the forum and have found multiple solutions and have tried them. It still isnt working. I took the valve cover off again and noticed that one of the inlets from the valve seems like it is chipped. I dont know anything about it, but seems like that could be causing water to leak out. i dont see a way to attach a picture or i would. Please let me know if anyone thinks that may be the problem. Changing all the gaskets didnt work. TIA

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: moving from backwash to filter on multivalve is causing leaking in backwash return

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 19 Aug, 2021 01:10

One option apart from replacing is to put a valve on the backwash port

Where you write a post
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”