can no longer control temp from device using screenlogic app

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
geb724
I'm new here
I'm new here

can no longer control temp from device using screenlogic app

Postby geb724 » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 11:15

i just had a new pentair mastertemp 250 heater installed replacing an old mastertemp 250. i was able to control temp from iphone/ipad using the screenlogic app for many years with old heater. after new heater installation i am unable to do so. i can control lights and waterfall but not the temp. the install tech connected the heater with the 120 vac. should it be 240 vac? or does it not matter? the low voltage wire is connected the same way as on the old one. the tech did not access the easytouch panel so everything there is as it was with old heater. any suggestions as to how i can once again control the temp from my devices?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: can no longer control temp from device using screenlogic app

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 11:46

Raise a request with the install tech
geb724
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby geb724 » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 11:55

i did that while he was here. he couldn't figure it out so that's why i'm posting here.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 12:14

If It's done by Wi-Fi you may have to pair it, like a mobile in a car
geb724
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby geb724 » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 12:33

yeah its paired. as i mentioned i can control my waterfall and lights from the iphone. just cannot control the temp. and that's the most important thing for me to be able to control. i've rebooted the router and the screenlogic adapter with no success.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 13:06

Install tech sounds rubbish, instal fitter most likely, bad to call them tech as they know nothing but cost more, pool industry if full of them.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
NickG
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby NickG » Tue 21 Sep, 2021 11:28

I just had a pool built and installed the EasyTouch2 system with an Intelliflo VS Pump, Screenlogic2, and Gulfstream heat pump. The anomaly I found with Pentair's automation system is that it won't command/turn-on the heater UNLESS the Pool circuit is on. So, assuming you're past the 110/220v issue with your heater's installation, make sure the Pool circuit is on first, then ask for the heater to turn on. See if that works.....

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”