Heat Pump Advice

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
HeatPumpAdvice
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10,000 Gal, inground fiberglass, South Florida, Hayward Cartridge Filter, and Pump. Hayward Heat Pro Heat Pump 110 BTU.

Heat Pump Advice

Postby HeatPumpAdvice » Mon 29 Nov, 2021 20:45

I need to replace my 11-year-old Hayward Heat Pump HP21104T. Although it lasted 11 years it wasn't without a struggle. Every season from day one I had multiple service calls and repairs. When the heater worked it ran fine and heated the pool well (not hard in South Florida Weather). I'm now spoiled and will not swim in any pool less than 88-89 degrees- LOL.

So I'm looking for a similar heat pump but I would like a much more reliable unit than the Hayward 21104T was to me. I have looked into Jandy, Pentair, Ray Pac, Gulfstream, and Aquacal. I even considered one of the newer Hayward Heat Pumps like the W3HP21004T HeatPro or its bigger brother the W3HP21404T.

I'm now more confused about what to buy than before I did research. I definitely want to stick with a Heat Pump so at least that narrows the field somewhat.

Can you recommend a reliable heat pump for a 10,000gal fiberglass pool in SW Florida? Looking to just extend the season as long as outdoor Temps stay about 50 degrees.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Heat Pump Advice

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 10:41

First on the list would be an inverter model, saving in energy, definitely quieter as fan speed varies with demand. That also means less stress on the heater. There are only 3 or 4 different manufacturers of the compressors and either scroll or rotary type.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
HeatPumpAdvice
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10,000 Gal, inground fiberglass, South Florida, Hayward Cartridge Filter, and Pump. Hayward Heat Pro Heat Pump 110 BTU.

Postby HeatPumpAdvice » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 15:22

Teapot1, I'm not familiar with an inverter type model? Can you give me an example of an inverter type of Heat Pump? I haven't seen any that specifically list "Inverter" as a feature or type. Maybe I'm just searching the wrong channels for my Heater.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 01 Dec, 2021 03:02

I think you'll find most heat pumps are now inverters
A fixed output heat pump works by continuously either being turned on or off. ... An inverter heat pump, however, uses a variable speed compressor which modulates its output increasing or decreasing its speed to match exactly the heat demand requirements of the pool as the outdoor air temperature changes
HeatPumpAdvice
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby HeatPumpAdvice » Thu 02 Dec, 2021 10:50

I haven't heard much about this inverter-type Heat Pump. After doing some more research it seems like most are all made by brands I have never heard of here in the US. Do you know of any reliable brands or can you recommend one I should look into?
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 03 Dec, 2021 10:34

Cant help with brands as we are in Europe, well the UK but mostly EU products.
The compressors are usually made by 3 companies only, control boards from a few more but labelled by anyone so cant help.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 03 Dec, 2021 10:46

Ask your manufacturers
They would normally advertise the fact that they are inverters

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”