Pentair Logic App

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
chadmsimmons
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 22000 gal

Pentair Logic App

Postby chadmsimmons » Sun 30 Jan, 2022 12:53

I have a pentair set up with a 3.95 HP Intelliflow VSF Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter and the Easytouch Control System with Screenlogic2 interface that's less than 1-yr old. I use the Pentair Screen Logic phone app for control. I have a few quesitons related to the pump flow as it doens't appear I'm getting the rated flow for the pump of up to 140 gpm.

Based on the app, I'm only able to get about 90 gpm from the pump when it is running 3450 rpm. The pressure at the filter is 20 psi (46-ft). Looking at the pump curve, at 3450 rpm and 90 gpm, the corresponding total dynamic head should be 80-ft. I can't imagine I'm getting ~25 feet of loss on the suction side of the pump.

1. How does the Easytouch controller measure flow? I don't have a flow meter. The app reports out watts, rpm, and flow. Is the flow calculated based on the rpms and power draw?
2. If I have the pump to run at max rpm, I get a high pressure alarm. How does the Easytouch controller measure pressure? I don't have a high pressure switch. As noted, the pressure at the filter is 20 psi. I've never seen it get any higher than this, even with a dirty filter. 20 psi should not trigger a high pressure alam.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”