Floating pool cover to keep it clean?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
mknmike
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Floating pool cover to keep it clean?

Postby mknmike » Sat 04 Jun, 2022 08:32

I’m a landlord of a property (with a pool) we purchased a year ago. So I’m a noob. I’m feeling very confident with my successes, and lucky in my decisions.

People have told me the best way to heat a pool is with a cover that will slow it overnight cooling. Since we are only a week past Labor Day, and the pool temp is already 72 F, I’m not too concerned with temperature. Also, since I don’t live there, and my tenant doesn’t complain if the temperature, it’s a non-issue.

Pool cleaning is though. I try to walk by daily and skim the pool and check on the equipment and water levels. I don’t really want to add a daily routine of closing and opening the pool, but am wondering if floating pool covers are good to keep a pool clean.

Bugs and leaves blowing in the wind would be less likely to be bogged down by wetness if the floating cover is dry and have a potential to get out of the pool after landing on the cover. Maybe leaves would be less likely, but flying bugs wouldn’t get stuck. Right?

Thinking of the leaves, I guess if the pool cover was somehow the same level as the pool coping edges, maybe even they could all blow away.

Does anyone use floating pool covers in this way?

I don’t really want to have another big piece of pool equipment to store, or another pool maintenance activity to perform. But, does anyone have any opinion on whether a floating cover would help me?

There’s a possibility that a rolling pool cover reel could be installed, but the fences and landscaping are very close to the pool right now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202206 ... 72c920.jpg

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220604/76eb8e706c678a1da4cdb9130b72c920.jpg[/img]

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”