Pool Heat Pump next to Air Conditioner

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jonostang
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 25000 gallons, hayward ecostar pump, salt chlorination

Pool Heat Pump next to Air Conditioner

Postby jonostang » Tue 07 Jun, 2022 08:05

I'm about to install a heat pump for my pool. I live in Florida, but my pool is under a canopy of trees so it's all shade over the pool. I got a heat pump to bring up the water temps a couple of degrees.

It just hit me that my air conditioning condenser unit is constantly blowing out very hot air. The air conditioner is placed behind an outdoor brick square wall that's about 7 feet tall. Basically an outdoor room. It is on constantly and that "outdoor room" is pretty hot.

The heat pump will be blowing cold air. I was wondering if placing the two units in the same area might give each a bit of benefit. The pool heat pump takes advantage of the warmer air from the air conditioner and the air conditioner takes advantage of the cooler air from the heat pump to be a bit more efficient.

Does this make sense?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pool Heat Pump next to Air Conditioner

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 08 Jun, 2022 01:42

Yes it certainly should, I understand the need but wonder if you could use heat recovery from your AC to pass through a heat exchanger into the pool system? The only issue is you'd have to be running the AC in order to warm the pool.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”