Intex 2800 GPH Sand Pump/Sand&Rocks in pool..

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Apologiax
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20ft round/48in deep above above ground bestway pool - Intex 2800 GPH/14inch sand filter pump.

Intex 2800 GPH Sand Pump/Sand&Rocks in pool..

Postby Apologiax » Tue 21 Jun, 2022 13:29

20ft/48inch above ground round pool.

This is my second intext 2800 (The company replaced the first one) and I've used 2 different brands of 20 silica sand - However the problem of sand in the pool remains.
With each pump I've filled the barrel on level ground up to between min/max, backwashed, rinsed until clean but the on going of sand in the pool after a few days of running it on and off or maybe one day of running it longer (12 hours, sometimes the full 24) the sand comes back and I have to vacuum. If it was a cracked pipe or laterals in both pumps - I'd guess it would have to be pretty big for sizable sandish colored rocks to get into the pool..

What else could be causing this?

Any ideas?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Intex 2800 GPH Sand Pump/Sand&Rocks in pool..

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 22 Jun, 2022 02:09

Intex stuff is not big on quality and I have very little experience using it but being in the industry for 20 years some similarity. Do you half fill the filter with water before tipping the sand in? Its easy to break a lateral or pipe if you don't.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”