SWG issue or Circuit Board Issue

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
rajthepilot
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 28000 Gallon Salt Water Pool

SWG issue or Circuit Board Issue

Postby rajthepilot » Wed 13 Jul, 2022 18:07

Hi All,

My SWG started showing less salt, so I added more salt and it turns out I ended up putting in too much salt. So I removed water a foot at a time, until I got 3400ppm of salt. The Aqua Logic board is still showing very low salt, even though that's not the case. I did the following to checks to determine what is wrong.

1. I removed the SWG and put in an old SWG in there to keep the water flowing and I put the SWG in a bucket of pool water and I saw foam coming up shortly, so I'm thinking SWG is working.
2. When I go tot diagnostic menu and I press +, I get voltage and amps around 4 and salt at 1300 ppm.
3. When I go to diagnostic menu and I press -, I get voltage, but amps begin to move to 0 and salt reading also moves to 0 ppm

I then saw 2 videos on YouTube that mentioned an issue with the board labeled "No Cell Power Fix"

So I then the opened up the board carefully and I saw a solder behind a relay that perhaps has gone bad, but I couldn't tell. Is there any way to tell if the solder has gone bad? I don't know if the solder has gone bad or if it has been soldered previously (we bought the house with the pool 2 years ago, the pool has been in place for 18 years) and that's why it looks a little bigger than the rest. It doesn't look all black and burned out, but there are some black spots around it.

Thanks

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”