Looking for Advice.

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
DLMc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Haven Pool 44' x 22'

Looking for Advice.

Postby DLMc » Thu 14 Jul, 2022 20:58

I have been having some problems with my system that I cannot seem to solve. It started with a low suction rate at the skimmer basket. I thought I had a blockage so I took appropriate steps to clear it and it turned out to not be the problem. Next I assumed that there was a blockage at the pump impeller so I took the pump apart and no debris was evident. I checked the lines for a leak and couldn't find any. The only thing that is different is the filter itself is noisy with a gurgling sound. Most advice says that it is pump related but I have already checked that. I am stumped and would appreciate any advice on where to look next?

thanks,

DLM

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Looking for Advice.

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 17 Jul, 2022 06:51

Have you bled the air from the filter?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Looking for Advice.

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 17 Jul, 2022 10:52

Sounds like a suctionside air leak. Do you get bubbles in the returns and is there air in the pump pre filter basket
Lubricate the pump basket "O" ring with silicon grease, check the water level at skimmer and make sure the weir door isn't jammed closed

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”