Raypak pool heater restarting

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
21inguns
I'm new here
I'm new here

Raypak pool heater restarting

Postby 21inguns » Sat 16 Jul, 2022 19:37

My raypak 336 digital heater, was having issue with high limit switch 1, (unitherm governor is relatively new also is the bypass spring) when I checked the switch was faulty and corrosion on it. I easily installed a new high limit switch (well replaced both to be safe ) but after I restored power and turned unit on, it started restarting the unit. And not like a fire up run for a moment shut down with a code. When I turn it on, it will do normal startup on screen. Show pool water temp, then the set temp, I hear the click for the pilot light to start and the little fire symbol will display for a second, then the display will reset and do the whole thing again. As if I turned the power switch off and back on. If i quickly lower the set temp to below the water temp the display stays on, but the moment I raise it just 1 degree above, it started the cycle... hear the click see the flame then off and back on. It will do this non stop. Has anyone experienced this? Should I assume faulty board?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”