Pool is Going Off-Level

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
pburgh81
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' Round Above Ground

Pool is Going Off-Level

Postby pburgh81 » Mon 18 Jul, 2022 19:04

I was doing a visual inspection of my above-ground pool and I noticed an upright was starting to lean. Not outward, but side to side about 1/8". It prompted me to check the others. A few others are about an 1/8" off and 2 of them are closer to 1/4" off. The rest look ok, but I started measuring the top of the water to the top edge of the pool and got some really off measurements.

When I installed the pool almost 4 years ago, the ground was leveled and each upright was placed on a 2" paver block. Things weren't leveled with a laser or anything like that, but all uprights were level within about 1/4"- 1/2" or so. As I started filling with water, the ground settled and I fell up to 3/4"- 1" off level on about 4 uprights. I had friends of friends who know people in the pool business and they said don't worry about it until the next liner change and make the necessary adjustments.

As of 15 minutes ago, these are the measurements from water level to top-edge of pool at each upright:

5 1/4"
5 3/4"
5 1/2"
5 1/2"
5 1/4"
4 1/2"
4 1/2"
4 3/4"
3 1/4"
3 1/2"
3 3/4"
4 1/2"
4 3/4"
5 1/4"

This really got worse over 4 seasons and I know I'm going to have to dismantle the whole thing, re-level, and probably have to buy a new liner. With no accountability on anyone here, is the pool structurally safe at this point? I've been told you can be up to 2" off and the pool is still "safe" to swim in.

It's hotter than the blazes of Hades where I'm at. It's not really the time to empty this thing unless it's unsafe. If it's unsafe, then I would close it and do it next season.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”