Aquabot Turbo 2 Jet problem...

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
mitch
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aquabot Turbo 2 Jet problem...

Postby mitch » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 15:28

Hey guys,

I have the Aquabot Turbo 2, and its been incredible so far. The robot cleans the pool like new every time I use it. Not a speck in the pool when its done. Greatest thing ever made as far as I'm concerned :)

But the last few times it's been giving me a problem. It seems the fan is getting stuck (The one in the return jet) somehow, making the jet stop forcing out water, and the robot cant climb without it. When he tries to climb the wall, he flips over and lays there until I get him.

I cant figure out why the fan is getting stuck. No part of the fan is touching the housing around it.

Does anybody here have any experience with this?
Thanks in advance!!!

Curt
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

stuck impeller

Postby Curt » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 00:40

Hi, I assume you are referring to the impeller attched to the pump. Have you removed the impeller housing? 4 screws secure the housing to the top of the robot.

Is possible hair may be wrapped around the impeller.

How old is your machine? It could also be a broken wire between the motor and the pump.
mitch
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: stuck impeller

Postby mitch » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 09:42

Curt wrote:Hi, I assume you are referring to the impeller attched to the pump. Have you removed the impeller housing? 4 screws secure the housing to the top of the robot.

Is possible hair may be wrapped around the impeller.

How old is your machine? It could also be a broken wire between the motor and the pump.

Hey, thanks for the response. Yes its definitely the impeller. I did remove the housing, and if I pull the impeller off and put it back on, it spins no problem. Then the unit works perfectly for about 2 hours, until it gets stuck again. No hair or anything holding it. I can't figure out why it would be getting stuck.

I bought the unit new and Im using it for the second summer. Other than this issue, it is in great shape.

Thanks again for trying to help!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”