Pool cleaning problems.

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Michael
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool cleaning problems.

Postby Michael » Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:52

Hi there,

I am new to this forum so would like to say Hello.

I do also have a question that I hope some one can help me with:

When cleaning our 24x12 in ground pool using the vacuum hose conected to the skimmer inlet its is not long before the suction stops and the filter has a large amount of air in it. If I remove the flexy pipe from the skimmer the pump soon starts sucking again and after a while the air comes out through the pool inlet nozzel and the skimmer works fine.

This problem is getting worse so that I can only clean a small area of the pool before I have to remove the flexy pipe. Has anyone any idea where the air is coming from?

regards

Mike

mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby mamcwifey » Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:38

Mike,

I'm not sure what flexi pipe you're talking about, but here are some possible sources for air:

- a hole in your vacuum hose
- a crack in your vacuum cover for your skimmer
- a hole in your underground piping

I think if it were a hole in your underground piping, you would see the bubbles coming back into the pool all the time, not just when you have the vacuum hooked up. But even a small crack or pinhole in your hose or vac cover can cause air.
*mamcwifey
Michael
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Michael » Wed 29 Aug, 2007 18:12

mamcwifey wrote:Mike,

I'm not sure what flexi pipe you're talking about, but here are some possible sources for air:

- a hole in your vacuum hose
- a crack in your vacuum cover for your skimmer
- a hole in your underground piping

I think if it were a hole in your underground piping, you would see the bubbles coming back into the pool all the time, not just when you have the vacuum hooked up. But even a small crack or pinhole in your hose or vac cover can cause air.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I mean the vacuum hose when I say flexi pipe!

Having read through some other threads on this site I think I must have a small leak in the pipe or fittings between the skimmer and the pump and that when the vacuum hose is on air is being sucked in :(

As its all cemented in around the skimmer this could be quite a job to get to. Oh well add it to my job list.

thanks again

Mike.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sat 08 Sep, 2007 14:20

If you have air bubbles in return line all the time when pump is running you can grease or replace O-ring on pump lid to see if bubbles go away.

If the pump is loosing prime when hooking up vacuum make sure you prime vac hose good before hooking up. A unprimed Vac hose will cause pump to loose prime.
andrewhomes
I'm new here
I'm new here

Here's the way...

Postby andrewhomes » Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:40

Not a concrete solution but according to what I have faced earlier I think may be the recirc setting bypasses the filter but still travels the same plumbing route. By setting it on recirc you get no filtering action for the pool water. You may as well be filtering the water if you're running your pump for the Polaris. As for the polaris itself. There are a couple of things to look for.
The most common is the hose itself. .For detailed precautionary instructions you shall better visit aquabot. Personally for your new pool all I can say that make sure to have the straight hose . If it's developed a coil, lay it out straight in the sun for a few hours. You should not store those hoses in a coiled state, they should be laid out flat, when you aren't using the unit or they'll coil again and you're back to square one.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”