Baracuda problems

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....

Baracuda problems

Postby Guest » Mon 31 May, 2010 16:01

My G4 Baracuda seems to be stuck in one spot. I've replaced the diaphram and it's still doing the same thing. I've cleaned the pump canisters and the pressure is fine. Just don't know what the problem is and how to fix it.
H E L P CJ

Tongy

Baracuda problems

Postby Tongy » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 01:30

I have a barracuda "G" which has recently stopped working, the pressure dial on the filter pump is zero and air in the inlet filter box (ie about half full of water).

I have gone through this forum topic and tried everything, a new diaphragm, checked all the hoses, even a new skirt disk (the old was pretty worn) but still the same problem.

when I run the filter without the baracuda attached everything works fine, the minute I attach the baracuda it stops working. I have even tried it with just one section of hose (everything is under water) and it works for about 10 - 15 seconds until the baracuda stops moving and the filter pressure goes to zero. I have tried using a house extension (keeping it in the water) without the baracuda attached and the filter suction works as it should.

Does this mean my head unit needs replacing or are there other things I can try?
OzPool

Start/stop Barracuda cleaner

Postby OzPool » Sat 24 Sep, 2011 02:23

mr_clean wrote:

[snip]
Is your baracuda climbing to high out of water and causing pump to loose prime? It comes with hose weight & when put on & adjusted will stop problem.
[snip]

Pool came with house and it all worked well for a while (last summer).
Owner showed me the basics and I've followed directions and it climbs the walls OK.

There are no holes in hose, but leaks a little air if you lift the hose out of water.
Filters clean and the flow is fast.
Salinator (and other visible flow points) are always full of water so I suspect no significant air leaks.

I am a newbie and get the local folks to test water etc.
Yes I do buy their chemicals to keep them in biz - that's only fair.

Any help appreciated - even the most basic as I might not have some key knowledge:)

:crazy:
nanna

Baracuda problems

Postby nanna » Mon 24 Oct, 2011 04:08

fay987 wrote:This is the best pool forum site

Can anybody help with the air flow valve of the zodiac G2. Why does the cleaner not start when the pump comes on? If I put my hand in the skimmer box and block the opening in the air flow valve, the cleaner jumps into action. However, after a minute or two the cleaner stops again. It seems the flap of the air flow valve is continally open. Should this not be opening and closing? Any help would be appreciated.
Nataliem60

Baracuda problems

Postby Nataliem60 » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 16:44

Thank you SO MUCH for all the postings in this forum. I was able to get my baracuda running again based on all the great answers! (I found a blockage at the diaphragm and I properly primed the air out.) :D

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”