Jandy DE filter failure. recall?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
ron5300

Postby ron5300 » Mon 30 Nov, 2009 13:10

i have a jandy cj200 filter which is 3-1/2 yrs old and yesterday the unit cracked and developed a 4 inch long crack approx 2 inches above the left bottom fitting...

there is no crack on the fitting... on the bottom half of the filter a 4 inch long crack opened on its side wall..

i live in central florida where the low year round temp rarely goes below 40F.....

its like a bucket developing a whole in the side of it....

the wholesale on these is 500 + shpg plus tax and installation...
and ordering just the bottom only saves 120$

i'm told that most mfg's used to give a 10 yr warranty but now its only a 1 yr...

skos
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground gunite pool and spa about 4 years old with a Hayward DE (Diatomaceous Earth) filter

Postby skos » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:14

I believe I also may have a problem wih my filter. Did you guys experience pressure loss?

How did you know it was the filter?
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:33

skos wrote:I believe I also may have a problem wih my filter. Did you guys experience pressure loss?

When the filter cracks, it will either spray, or pour water everywhere!

Postby Guest » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:42

swimnsaveusa wrote:
skos wrote:I believe I also may have a problem wih my filter. Did you guys experience pressure loss?

no spray or pouring happening. Just an increase in pressure from 20 to about 35-40, then fountain loss
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 14:29

Pool User wrote:
swimnsaveusa wrote:

no spray or pouring happening. Just an increase in pressure from 20 to about 35-40, then fountain loss

Have you checked to see if you have a clogged return line? Also, did you recently put new filter media in?

Postby Guest » Fri 21 Jan, 2011 22:04

I, too, have a DEL60 and it is leaking between the two pipes. Jandy says they have never had a defective filter tank. after reading this I beg to differ. Any way to find out the real warranty on this tank, seems to vary mine says 5 years it's been 7?

Postby Guest » Thu 28 Apr, 2011 19:28

Split cannister after 10 years and two manifold cracked in the last two years. Never buy one again
Spring

Postby Spring » Thu 05 May, 2011 18:53

I have 6 year old Jandy DEL 60 with a crack. My pool builder provided a list of manufacturer's warranties and listed the filter container as having a 10/20 yr warranty. Builder now out of business, but I don't beleive he lied. Jandy/Zodiac says the warranty is wrong and should be 3 years. Does anyone have an warranty info published by Jandy, in that time frame , showing the longer warranty or any other info on the subject?
Texas 1

Postby Texas 1 » Tue 10 May, 2011 08:33

I have Jandy 69 that developed a small crack perpendicular to the inlet, causing a constant drip. My pool info indicated a 10 yr warranty, 2005 pool, Jandy claims 10 yr warranty ended 2004,. My pollo installer is now out of business. Would like to reapair small leak vs buy new filter. Anyone have suggestion?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”