Winter Cover opinions

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....

Winter Cover opinions

Postby Guest » Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:21

I need opinions on winter covers for in-ground pools. There are so many options and I can't find actual comments from users on many of them. Any help would be great.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:04

I would strongly suggest LoopLoc. Although a bit pricey they are very safe (the best option if you have kids or pets), last a long time (some of my clients have had theirs for over 10 years), and are easier to put on and take off then a solid cover with water pillows or weights.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
lonestar
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby lonestar » Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:54

I agree. In my area the pool store sells Cantar (which is either extremely similar or the parent company of Loop Loc.) These covers are the easiest to put on and last a long time. The material is miltary grade and if you do get a hole through it, from a tree limb perhaps, you can have them patch just the squares that are torn.

I have one very picky customer who bought a Cantar Mesh Safety cover and they love it. It was around $2500.

Ive seen covers that say Loop Loc on them and they seem to be nearly identical so either of those is good if you have the money.
lonestar
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby lonestar » Sun 01 Feb, 2009 10:41

I must qualify what i said the other day. These sorts of covers are ideal for pools with no raised portions, and with a solid 3 ft minimum concrete deck around the whole pool. Its possible to install them into grass, but not recommended. Its possible to go around the edge of a raised spa (though not covering the spa itself.) Ive installed maybe 4 of these and have measured, ordered and installed one.

If you are thinking of doing one on your own, definately talk with someone who has ordered them before.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”