Aquabot and bottom drain

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
bryant1976
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby bryant1976 » Mon 09 Mar, 2009 22:05

I'm getting ready to buy the Aquabot Turbo T for my 14 X 28 (4 ft. all around) in-ground pool. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to buy something that's going to continually get stuck on my bottom drain. My creepy crawly always gets stuck there, and I'm wondering if the Aquabot has enough power to power it's way over it (without getting caught). Has anyone else ever experienced the Aquabot getting stuck on their bottom drain? Thanks in advance.

p.s. Am I aloud to ask if anyone is interested in purchasing my kreepy Krawly (i forget the spelling...lol)? Is there a subject forum dedicated to selling stuff to each other. Again, thanks!!!

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby Larry » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 03:07

Hi bryant

If you have a standard main drain, the Aquabot will not get stuck. Even if you run your pump from the main drain there shouldn't be a conflict because the pool pump does not need to run when the Aquabot is working.

The Aquabot is motor driven and has a track system similar to that of a tank. At the worst case scenario, the main drain may cause the cleaner to change course slightly, but that's it.

If you would like to sell your old Kreepy you are welcome to mention it. Why not post a message in the Poolside forum.

Larry

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby Guest » Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:35

I had the same problems with my kreepy and changed to the aquabot. Never had a problem since and I've never looked back.
kariann121

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby kariann121 » Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:36

This is complete BS. I have the Aquabot Turbo, and I run it with and without the pool pump going. Either way, the damn thing continually gets stuck on the maindrains EVERY SINGLE TIME it crosses over them. I called Aqaubot and they said this is very COMMON! They recommend buying the Polaris Unicovers to stick over the maindrains to help the problem. They cost $75/piece! Why the heck wouldn't they try to fix the robot or sell the cover WITH their product to help their customers????
RayS
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20X40 liner

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby RayS » Tue 30 Jun, 2009 14:09

kariann121 wrote:This is complete BS. I have the Aquabot Turbo, and I run it with and without the pool pump going. Either way, the damn thing continually gets stuck on the maindrains EVERY SINGLE TIME it crosses over them. I called Aqaubot and they said this is very COMMON! They recommend buying the Polaris Unicovers to stick over the maindrains to help the problem. They cost $75/piece! Why the heck wouldn't they try to fix the robot or sell the cover WITH their product to help their customers????

I absolutely agree, and we've had ours 4 yrs..
bryant1976
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby bryant1976 » Thu 16 Jul, 2009 12:10

Well, I've now used my Aqua-Bot Pool Demon T now for about 2 months. And, I really like it! However, there are some things that I'd like to throw caution to (as I now have experience). The bottom drain is a big problem. It doesn't have to be turned on; it simply has to be there. The Aquabot gets stuck on it everytime is goes over it (once it's stuck, it just goes in circles as it tries to continue moving). I really hate this as I can not really leave it out in my pool for 3 hours (and do something else). The other thing is that it will not work on my steps at all (like I previously thought it would). So, I'm always having to tug on the cord in order to get it off the bottom drain or away from the steps (as it sort of gets discombobulated sometimes). So, the result is that the Aquabot can never really learn my pool dimensions (as it's supposed to) because it's always being thrown into a different position by me pulling on the cord to direct it somewhere else. The best success I've had with it is getting in the pool with goggles and directing it exactly where I want it to go. And, it cleans wonderfully! And, it's very quick! If I could do it over again, I'd get the one with the remote control so I could direct it for spot cleaning. All in all, I love it! It's so much better than manually cleaning the pool. You can turn off the pump (or leave it on) and simply plug the cord in and go. To me, it's worth the $799 that I paid.
ConJL

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby ConJL » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 14:42

I have had a Turbo T for 4 years and never have a problem with it getting stuck on the bottom main drain. I always run it with the pool pump running.
co2x3

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby co2x3 » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 19:22

:crazy: I have a anothony sylvan inground cement pool. same problem the mains are plugged no suction. their own covers dome like white plastic the aquabot gets stuck. tried the unimain drain that is the only one sylvan pools is aloud to sell, same thing aquabot can not get off it. this is all slots cover. its dome type shape is the problem. aquabots vacuum is to strong, but that what you want right. polaris works so the manufactures claim but only stays down on main cover by via the mains suction. wow totally retarded. so yes if any one out their wants to make a universal cover that will hardmount screw type do it. fly out to china like every thing in this country is made from an make it happen. you well be the next millionaire and dont forget to thank us robotic users. :wave:
hmalbaugh

Aquabot and bottom drain

Postby hmalbaugh » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 12:21

I found an inexpensive and easy to install solution for getting stuck on the main drain. Go to maindrainclipon an see what you think...

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”