Lose of pressure when backwashing or rinsing

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
sscarline197124

Postby sscarline197124 » Mon 01 Jun, 2009 10:50

I have a Hayward sand filter model # S166T. When i have the handle in the filter position I have great pressure
coming out of the return. When I set the handle to backwash or rinse the water comes out VERY slow. I replaced the entire control valve thinking that could be the problem but that wasn't the case. I'm guessing I need to replace the center sand pipe and the fingers attached to it for $75. UGH!!!! Anyone now for sure if thats the problem before I go and spend the dough?

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Mon 01 Jun, 2009 20:01

sscarline197124 wrote:I have a Hayward sand filter model # S166T. When i have the handle in the filter position I have great pressure
coming out of the return. When I set the handle to backwash or rinse the water comes out VERY slow. I replaced the entire control valve thinking that could be the problem but that wasn't the case. I'm guessing I need to replace the center sand pipe and the fingers attached to it for $75. UGH!!!! Anyone now for sure if thats the problem before I go and spend the dough?

Hi,

When set to backwash or rinse the water doesn't return to the pool so you shouldn't have water coming out of the return lines. Sounds like it's working as it should.
clewis

Postby clewis » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 09:39

HELP- i have athe exact problem, but when i have it in FILTER mode... it slows down after i have the cleaner working, whether it is manual vac. or my suction cleaner..HELP!!!- EVERYTHING IS NEW!!_ replaced anyway
clewis138
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 24- tagelus, dynamo

Postby clewis138 » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 09:56

HELP- i have athe exact problem, but when i have it in FILTER mode... it slows down after i have the cleaner working, whether it is manual vac. or my suction cleaner..HELP!!!- EVERYTHING IS NEW!!_ replaced anyway

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”