Polaris 280 is not moving

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
akg0626

Postby akg0626 » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 11:36

My polaris 280 is not moving at all... there is pressure at the pump so that is not the problem... bag is not full, the float head is clean, the wheels move when I turn them but not when I turn the one side wheel (not sure if that means anything)... what other tests are there to determine what may be the problem?

My polaris is about 4 years old, so I have no doubt there are parts on it that I have worn down, just not sure how to diagnose the problem...

Thanks!!

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 23:40

akg0626 wrote:My polaris 280 is not moving at all... there is pressure at the pump so that is not the problem... bag is not full, the float head is clean, the wheels move when I turn them but not when I turn the one side wheel (not sure if that means anything)... what other tests are there to determine what may be the problem?

My polaris is about 4 years old, so I have no doubt there are parts on it that I have worn down, just not sure how to diagnose the problem...

Thanks!!

Hi,

Did you check the filter screen at the pool wall where the hose connects. There is a screen inside there that often gets dirty and slows down flow to the Polaris.
akg0626

Postby akg0626 » Sat 06 Jun, 2009 00:26

I knew there was something I didn't check :) I will check it in the morning

Thanks so much!!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”