Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
donwon37
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby donwon37 » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 21:16

I have the same system,similar problem it powers on and stays on for about 1 minute with th green light,it then shuts off and the service light comes on.These things aparently have a lot of issues.If it's less than 2 years old call Intex and they will send you a new one.You will need the receipt when you call.I faxed mine to them.

bigcmcarr

Postby bigcmcarr » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 22:15

This is my second season using the index salt water system. First year no problem!
Open pool this year on May 15th and have had no problems until Aug 1st !
Keep getting a Low salt light. Have tested water serveral times! salt content is fine! Have cleaned the unit as per owner manual monthly with vingar. Currently, water is clear and nice but I cannot get the unit to run because it switches from green light working to red light low salt after just a few minutes when unit is turn on. How do I resolve the red light issue?
Old Salty

Postby Old Salty » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 12:18

NormBarrie wrote:I still have no power going to my pool pump.. it's totally dead.. any help would be appreciated.

Norm mine is the very same, Ihave the intext krystal clear saltwater system and I'm using a separate filter.
Mine is completely dead. Did you find a solution by chance??
jweigh
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: NEW 12' x 24' x 52" ultra frame intex; salt water filter/pump

Postby jweigh » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 17:13

NeedHelp wrote:Remove 4 screws and lift the electronic cove off to the right side. In the left rear will be the pump relay circuit board, this board carries high and low voltage. The black mini pump relay is controlled by low voltage and switches high voltage to run the pump and the high voltage pump wire is a white wire plugged onto the relay board. Obtain a duel spade push on adapter that will allow 2 wires to be plugged onto 1 spade. With the power off, unplug the white pump wire from the relay, just to the left on this board is primary high voltage, 2 white, 2 black and several green grounds. Remove 1 of the white power wires and push on the new duel spade connector, then plug both white wires back onto this connector. Plug in or power up the system to verify the pump runs, and re-secure the cover.
This modification will allow the pump to run independently from the chlorination time cycle and only stop when you shut down the system when you are through using the pool each day. It made no sense for Intex to turn the pump off after the chlorination cycle stopped. This would cause extra programming to run the pump only each day. Intex’s Support states that a pools filter pump should run each day for extended period of time for the best water quality.
I have a master GFI switch on my patio, each day I use the pool I flip the switch on, the pump comes on, the chlorination cycle begins, after 3 hours the chlorination cycle stops and the pump runs continually until I’m through using the pool for the day and flip the switch off. This allows for no reprogramming for pump run only each day. What was Intex thinking on this model?

Needhelp or anyone: I have a Combo unit(pump+chlorinator+sand filter all in one unit).Do you know if the guts for this setup: CS15110 is anything like the stand alone unit you wrote about. As my pump won't run and Chlorinate at the same time. The service light comes on 2-3 mins. after startup and the pump stops running. I can still hear what sounds like the fan running but readout goes blank and service light comes on. The pump will run if I set the system to run pump only with no SWC just filtration.
Any light(no pun intended) you could shed would be greatly appreciated.
If you would want to you could e-mail or PM me.
Thanks, Jerry
jweigh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jweigh » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 17:36

bigcmcarr wrote:This is my second season using the index salt water system. First year no problem!
Keep getting a Low salt light. Have tested water serveral times! salt content is fine! Have cleaned the unit as per owner manual monthly with vingar. Currently, water is clear and nice but I cannot get the unit to run because it switches from green light working to red light low salt after just a few minutes when unit is turn on. How do I resolve the red light issue?

bigcmcar< I had the same problem( on a CS15110 system) and had to replace the titanium element(SWG), after that the system worked fine.
You can check continuity(with an Ohm meter) from the plates to one of the pins on the connector, you will probably find one or two of the plates is/are no longer connected electrically. On my system the SWG is removable so it's easy to test. Hope you can get access to the plates. All you have to do is touch the edge of the plate and one of the pins for the connector, be sure to try both pins just to be sure.
If your system is less than two years old and you still have the receipt, you can call Intex and ask for a replacement under warranty.
Jerry
jweigh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jweigh » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 17:48

Pellet wrote:Got the new sand filter saltwater system combo. First unit was dead out of the box. Replacement unit flashes 91, (low salt) withing seconds of starting. Has anyone lowered the salt calibration on this unit? Resistor labeling and controls are different in this unit than the 8110.

Pellet; The SWG( titanium element) is bad. Remove it and check continuity(with an Ohm meter) between connector pins and the edge of the plates. You will most likely find no electrical connection for one or more of the plates. If system is new call Intex and tell them of the condition, they should send a new one.

Jerry
Old English Secretary

Postby Old English Secretary » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:02

REMEDY FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WITH SALTWATER PUMP SYSTEMS THAT WORKS FOR 2 MINS & THEN SHOW LED CODE "90" (MEANING LOW FLOW ETC).
I had this problem for 3 weeks till one of my sons checked the set up.
His explanation was that there are air bubbles in the tubes, which because of gravity, run through top of tube, and therefore run through the sensor which reads it as "air lock / low flow".
His remedy:
1. Ensure the 'normal' water pump is at a slightly higher level than the saltwater pump.
2. TIP UP THE SALTWATER PUMP SO THE BASE IS UPENDED AND FACING TOWARDS THE POOL.
Gravity then ensures that any air bubbles don't go through the tube through the sensor.
After the pool has been running for a while, gently tip it back so it is flat on its base again.

THIS WORKED FOR US! WE NOW HAVE CLEAR WATER IN THE POOL & NO HASSLE. I only put the pumps on for 4 hrs every 2 days or so (the pool is 10' diameter). Only maintenance is sweeping debris from bottom of pool.

Hope this solves the problem for some of you.
loriv
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: intex ultra frame above ground 16x48, salt water combination pump filter system

Postby loriv » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 21:31

NormBarrie wrote:I have a similar problem. My system shut off and is literally dead.. no led at all and flipping the switch on and off does nothing. Would this fix my problem as well?

Did you ever figure this out - mine is doing the same thing.
dnees

Postby dnees » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 14:10

bigcmcarr wrote:This is my second season using the index salt water system. First year no problem!

Postby Guest » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 14:11

dnees wrote:
dnees wrote:
lisakb

Postby lisakb » Wed 25 Jul, 2012 20:09

Very frustrated with this saltwater system. First one last year worked less than a week and was dead. Intex sent me a new one and worked fine the rest of the summer which was only about a month. This year it worked fine for a month now keeps saying low salt but the salt content is fine.
carmilanes

Postby carmilanes » Sat 13 Apr, 2013 13:43

My saltwater was working fine until yesterday. Today after a heavy rain I tried to turn on and only was tuned on red led "service" just for a moment. Then anything happend. The machine doesn't work.
Where repair this ?
sergio5775
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15X48 above ground pool

Postby sergio5775 » Mon 27 May, 2013 08:59

I have the Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110. It worked perfectly last year but this year I can not turn the unit on. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Mon 27 May, 2013 15:14

I've never put my hands on one of the Intex/Krystal Klear systems, but I've never heard much good about them. Seems you don't find many of them that last longer than a year or two.

One thing I can tell you about saltwater systems is you get what you pay for.

If you really want a decent salt system for your above ground pool, something you will use for the long term - I would suggest the Pool Pilot AG. It's a bit more expensive (600-700 bucks) but it's made by Auto Pilot, one of the best salt systems out there. Comes with a full 1 year warranty and pretty good tech support. If/when something goes wrong the unit is very easy to troubleshoot and get replacement parts for.

-CG
Shane NZ

Postby Shane NZ » Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:31

CS 15110 completely dead.

Transformer used to convert 230V to 110V and no joy with the pump.

Got a new one and dead as a door knob as well.

Anyone have any advice

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”