Not much help in TX

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
kurtflys
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30000gls Goldline Salt water

Not much help in TX

Postby kurtflys » Sat 19 Jun, 2010 17:02

Hi
Boy am I glad I found this forum.. I just bought a new house and it has a Salt water pool. Goldline stuff. I don't like it at all. Water taste salty not clean like my other pool, and the local techs don't seem to want to help unless I use there service. I am a "do it yourselfer". There is no manual for my system so here I am.
My problem this week is " no cell power". I did take the cell off and clean it twice. No help. Last week is said : low volts" I think. I understand that you need to replace the cell at 500$$ every three years>> Ouch my other pool never cost that much.. Should I try to fix this,,, or go back to chlorine??
Thanks
Kurt

riverdogg8899
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: my pool is kidney shaped and about 12,000 gallons

Not much help in TX

Postby riverdogg8899 » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 18:10

Hey Kurt,
It depends on what you like. What size cell is it? As far as going back to chlorine it depends on if your good with it. It might cost a little to change water back to chlorine. Salt pools get clogged with inert ingredients and you may need to drain pool and fill it back up. No worries. Then you can have a chlorine pool again. I use a site called reliable pool solutions . com to get equipment from. Check out their prices and go from there. If you have any more question just ask.

Good Luck,

Rob
kurtflys wrote:Hi
Boy am I glad I found this forum.. I just bought a new house and it has a Salt water pool. Goldline stuff. I don't like it at all. Water taste salty not clean like my other pool, and the local techs don't seem to want to help unless I use there service. I am a "do it yourselfer". There is no manual for my system so here I am.
My problem this week is " no cell power". I did take the cell off and clean it twice. No help. Last week is said : low volts" I think. I understand that you need to replace the cell at 500$$ every three years>> Ouch my other pool never cost that much.. Should I try to fix this,,, or go back to chlorine??
Thanks
Kurt

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”