Hayward SP0410X push-pull backwash valve

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
WasabiDragon
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby WasabiDragon » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 00:26

Any one ever replaced or have any idea how to replace the small o-ring between the handle and the piston assembly? I cannot figure out how to remove the roll pin, as there is only one hole and the pin cannot be pushed through. The valve leaks out of the top where the steel rod comes through the cap, only thing I can think of is the small o-ring thats in between these. Went to Leslie Pools and they won't do it because of possibly damiging it. Any one ever done this or can direct me in the right direction.

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 01:14

WasabiDragon wrote:Any one ever replaced or have any idea how to replace the small o-ring between the handle and the piston assembly? I cannot figure out how to remove the roll pin, as there is only one hole and the pin cannot be pushed through. The valve leaks out of the top where the steel rod comes through the cap, only thing I can think of is the small o-ring thats in between these. Went to Leslie Pools and they won't do it because of possibly damiging it. Any one ever done this or can direct me in the right direction.

The drive pin should come out releasing the handle from the piston asbly. Never done it myself however that pin does come out as we do sell the replacement parts.
skos
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground gunite pool and spa about 4 years old with a Hayward DE (Diatomaceous Earth) filter

Postby skos » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:00

I just replaced the whole assy. most likly it needs it
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:24

skos wrote:I just replaced the whole assy. most likly it needs it

Did you get the same valve or a multi-port?
scmyers
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 40k gal in ground plaster, 60 Sq Ft Hayward DE filter, 2 1/2 HP

Postby scmyers » Sat 20 Nov, 2010 17:49

WasabiDragon wrote:Any one ever replaced or have any idea how to replace the small o-ring between the handle and the piston assembly? I cannot figure out how to remove the roll pin, as there is only one hole and the pin cannot be pushed through. The valve leaks out of the top where the steel rod comes through the cap, only thing I can think of is the small o-ring thats in between these. Went to Leslie Pools and they won't do it because of possibly damiging it. Any one ever done this or can direct me in the right direction.

I was able to remove the pin with WD40, a hammer and allen wrench to poke the pin through. Replaced the O-ring and the leak is gone. Problem solved.........

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”