Testing pool lights

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
pinkerpv
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: L shaped 16 feet wide 40 feet long. 30,000 gal inground. steps in shallow end. diving board on deep end. About 15 years old. Liner agout 6-7 years old. Haywood sand filter, UTC pump/filter. Concrete patio all around with tile around waters edge.

Testing pool lights

Postby pinkerpv » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 16:46

How do you test in ground pool lights for proper ground and/or current leakage. In another forum I told about an electric shock received from the pool water. I have traced it to the pool lights. I have completely remove the faulty GFI circuit breaker to the lights so no current can get to them. It was leaking current into the pool water even when off. How can I test the lights to see whats wrong. Pool is full.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Testing pool lights

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 02 Aug, 2017 02:50

To be quiet honest you have done the difficult part in identifing where your problem is, so now get an electrician to test out what is actually happening
Can you really take a chance on you and your family's life with dodgey electrics
homelightpro
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool light review and technology guidance

Re: Testing pool lights

Postby homelightpro » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 13:11

Agree to get an electrician to test, usually should check whether the light fixture leak in water. And input voltage 12v and 120v test way different.Here is guide for How to change swimming pool light bulb to led, maybe will help for you for change bulb .

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”