Popup floor cleaners

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
atxpool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18K gal, saltwater, pentair gear including 5K42 control panel and easytouch remote panel, FNS plus filter, Intellichlor chlorine generator, Intelliflo pump. Also, in-floor cleaning jets.

Popup floor cleaners

Postby atxpool » Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:19

Hi,

Our pool, in the dark ages of 3 years ago, seemed to use an Intermatic PE24VA valve actuator to automatically switch between the skimmer and the in-floor popups. While the cleaning system still works - popups work fine and have enough pressure - I have to manually switch off the pump either at the main panel or remote (hitting either Aux 2 or 3 button if they are lit up), toggle the little 3-position switch on the back of the Intermatic valve actuator, and then manually turn the pump back on. Then the valve actuator will switch positions to opposite it was before. I've tried lots of variations of schedules and actuators switch settings, but nothing seems to restore the automatic nature of the thing.

As far as I can tell I have good schedule programming on the controller for running the cleaning system overnight, vs. highspeed on the pump during the day. But I may not.

Can anyone verify I'm not misremembering how this thing apparently used to work, e.g., automatically switching between pool/skimmer and cleaning system?

As mentioned, the intermatic actuator has a 3-position switch.
Auto 1 (or maybe 0): Top position
Off: Middle
Auto 2 (or maybe 1): Bottom.

Any thoughts?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Popup floor cleaners

Postby Teapot » Wed 28 Aug, 2019 14:33

Switching between the skimmer and floor cleaning system? Where are you getting the water from to push out the floor cleaners while this is happening, the main drain I take it? so switching between skimmer and main drain.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”