Underwater light for fiberglass pool

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
m4gnumek
I'm new here
I'm new here

Underwater light for fiberglass pool

Postby m4gnumek » Tue 13 Dec, 2022 15:44

Hello. I have an inground fiberglass pool. I am planning to install an underwater light, since all the battery or solar powered light do not last. I got a Pentair Amerlite light that's rated for 100W/12V Part# 78414100. I also have a electrical box located just 2' from the pool that is wired through a 12v transformer (I assume the previous owner planned to wire a pool light there). The Amerlite requires a big hole to be drilled through the fiberglass pool and I am not sure if it's suitable enough for a fiberglass pool or it's better to buy one of the new smaller lights.

If Amerlite will work. I would need to buy a niche but I am not sure which one should I get. I tried to reach Pentair multiple times but no response. I talked to 3 reps at Inyopool but all are recommending a different niche, two reps linked a niche that is rated for concrete pool, 3rd rep said that I should not use it with fiberglass. The part number that they sent is 79206700. Not sure if I can use plastic or I should go with stainless steel. I would really appreciate if you could recommend a niche to use with the light.

I want to add a led bulb with multicolor option, are the ones from Amazon good enough?

How would I install the niche? Do I just mount and seal it to the pool and run the wires to the electrical box, and it will be sealed already, or would I need to run conduits all the way to the electrical box?

Thank you!

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”