Please help me identify this old Skimmer

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
nosni1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: FL, 10,000 GL, inground salt generator with a variable 2hp pump

Please help me identify this old Skimmer

Postby nosni1 » Tue 19 Dec, 2023 18:00

I am a newbie with this new pool in my recently closed home. I have noticed that my water pump is only pulling from this skimmer. I do not believe it is pulling from the bottom of the pool. I am wondering what the ]tube that is on the side is for. Does anyone know? I appreciate any help you can provide.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MCPTu ... share_link

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Please help me identify this old Skimmer

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 20 Dec, 2023 03:48

Too low for an overflow, anyones guess as its not likely to be standard. Why do you want to pull water from the bottom, dirt enters from the top so thats the best place to remove it. Having a bottom drain running reduces the skimmer action compounding the problem of removing surface debris. You have to manually push dirt into a main drain as only a tiny bit would go there on its own unless you completely empty the pool.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
nosni1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: FL, 10,000 GL, inground salt generator with a variable 2hp pump

Re: Please help me identify this old Skimmer

Postby nosni1 » Thu 21 Dec, 2023 23:34

Teapot1 wrote:Too low for an overflow, anyones guess as its not likely to be standard. Why do you want to pull water from the bottom, dirt enters from the top so thats the best place to remove it. Having a bottom drain running reduces the skimmer action compounding the problem of removing surface debris. You have to manually push dirt into a main drain as only a tiny bit would go there on its own unless you completely empty the pool.

First let me say thank you for the response, second I understand however if I ever go on vacation after 6 days is below the skimmer and I am afraid the pump might run dry.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”