Pool light will not work

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
chris nordenskjold

Pool light will not work

Postby chris nordenskjold » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 17:50

when I turned on the pool light to test it before IO installed it this season , it would not work. After taking it apart, the Bulb was seperated from the base. Got the base out of the socket and tried just a regular light bulb to se if it worked ,it did not. there is a chance that one of my grand children accidentally turned on the light this winter and left it on as the face looks a little melted. the contacts inside the socket look ok is there hope ?

Pool light will not work

Postby Guest » Thu 09 Jun, 2011 01:19

What light? A picture might help. Where we are all pool lighting is 12V or 24V, which is not enough to light up a regular bulb.
Transformer perhaps?
IndoorPoolGuy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: www.indoorpoolguide.com

Pool light will not work

Postby IndoorPoolGuy » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 20:41

Hi Chris! Have you checked this guide to swimming pool lighting at http://www.indoorpoolguide.com/lighting-systems
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Pool light will not work

Postby czechmate » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:41

Pool User wrote:What light? A picture might help. Where we are all pool lighting is 12V or 24V, which is not enough to light up a regular bulb.
Transformer perhaps?

Please do not confuse pool owners with with your guessing. Pool light is normally always fed from a GFI 115V source. At optimal 300W lamp it sucks about 2.6A.
Ground fault, or wrong incorporation of its serving neutral, like using it to run timer clock, may be the culprit.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”