1989 pool light I cannot find one that fits.

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
lisarufio
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Older 1989 inground pool

Postby lisarufio » Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:11

Hey hoping someone can help! We have a 1989 pool and the pool light (not bulb has to be replaced). The technician from the pool store came out ordered a new light and it will not fit. He ordered another and same thing. We realized our pool light is just not made any longer and none of the newer ones fit. They are to big. We found out it was made by sunlite. I followed a train of pool manufacturers to find something comparable but no luck. Hydrell, sta rite, hayward universal. Some to do not give you measurements on their products! Any suggestion I just looked up a retro fit lite by Jandi which says it is nicheless. Not sure if it would work.
Any help would be great.

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Wed 18 Dec, 2013 14:21

Hi There,

I don't have any experience with the retro fit light, but I have come across several "adapter brackets" that can be helpful for situations like yours. Is the light niche in your pool smaller or bigger than the lights you are trying to install?

-CG
lisarufio
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Older 1989 inground pool

Postby lisarufio » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 11:56

Hi thank you for your reply. The 2 lights the pool technician ordered were to big. He left the last on in and it it is not flush with the pool. I have pics if I could send them. I would love to know if an adapter ring would help.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”