doughboy silica II sand filter

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
Terry Orr

doughboy silica II sand filter

Postby Terry Orr » Wed 26 Jul, 2006 22:02

I am having problems with my filter. I have changed the sand last week. I used 130 lbs of 20 gauge sand from the supplier. The filter works fine when on recirculate, it has great pressure. On filter, the water flow is so restricted it isn't enough pressure to activate the pressure swith for the heater. While vacuuming I must backwash every couple of minutes as the return water flow becomes non-existent even though there is hardly anything to vacuum up. Any ideas?

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: doughboy silica II sand filter

Postby PoolGuy » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 19:01

Terry Orr wrote:I am having problems with my filter. I have changed the sand last week. I used 130 lbs of 20 gauge sand from the supplier. The filter works fine when on recirculate, it has great pressure. On filter, the water flow is so restricted it isn't enough pressure to activate the pressure swith for the heater. While vacuuming I must backwash every couple of minutes as the return water flow becomes non-existent even though there is hardly anything to vacuum up. Any ideas?

Did you get this fixed yet ? E-Mail me if not:
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years
Shannon

Changing the sand

Postby Shannon » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 23:59

I have the same filter, and am trying to just add sand to it. Everytime i open the hole up to put the sand in, water just pours out and pushes it back at me.....any thoughts? I guess I could undo he bolts and replace all the sand, but i was hoping not to tackle that as the sand was changed a year ago.
Terry Orr

doughboy sand filter

Postby Terry Orr » Mon 31 Jul, 2006 10:39

Poolguy, for some reason I can't send you an e-mail as it says my password and user name are wrong. Could you contact me? My e-mail is Torr1@telus.net

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”