skimmer basket

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
silverfox

skimmer basket

Postby silverfox » Sat 02 Jun, 2007 09:32

My skimmer basket keeps turning upside down all by itself and I am afraid all the junk that normally gets filtered out is getting into the hoses and filter. Any suggestions on what might be causing this, we have had our above ground pool for almost 6 years and this never happened before

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:18

I think it's pretty common, I've seen others ask and nobody ever seems concerned. I imagine it's some back pressure, sort of like some toilets, when you flush them the water goes down but then some of the water blurps back into the bowl.

Mine never used to do it either, but the original basket wore out and I bought a new one. I think it must be lighter weight. My old one had a handle on it, too, which probably increased the weight. Amazing how they can charge such high prices for cheap plastic stuff, isn't it?

Get a rock and place it in the basket. Just make sure that it is bigger around than the hole for your suction pipe, in case you drop it.
smokey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby smokey » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:00

I had the same problem when using my solar heater. Finally put a check valve in the suction side so the water couldn't run toward the skimmer.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:29

Just put a rock in your skimmer basket. ;)
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”