Old Pool New Lights?

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
cypressgrove12
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40 Rectangle, vinyl pool. Installed by previous owner. Sand filter. Chlorine.

Old Pool New Lights?

Postby cypressgrove12 » Tue 23 Apr, 2019 16:29

I purchased a new house early fall of last year. This year will be the first time opening it. The pool does not currently have any underwater lighting. I have to replace the liner since the pool sat relatively empty for an undetermined amount of time. Is there a way I can install lighting while i do this? If so how would i go about it in the most cost effective way?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Old Pool New Lights?

Postby Teapot » Wed 24 Apr, 2019 08:53

What is the structure of the pool, concrete, steel panel etc?
cypressgrove12
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40 Rectangle, vinyl pool. Installed by previous owner. Sand filter. Chlorine.

Postby cypressgrove12 » Thu 25 Apr, 2019 18:46

I'm almost certain it's steel panel.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 09:25

Ok then provided you can disturb the terrace to run power to the light you should be able to drill a hole through the steel and fit a standard return fitting into which a modern LED light will screw in.

If you cannot disturb the terrace, I have the details of a company that makes LED pool lights powered by the water passing through the return fitting you have already, clever huh!
Not personally used this item but saw it at a trade show, sadly the stand wasn't manned at the time but I grabbed a leaflet.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”