Pool vacuum not working, 0 psi, cleaned filter

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
Tony002
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool size: 22,900 gallons
Pebble
DE
Pool & spa

Pool vacuum not working, 0 psi, cleaned filter

Postby Tony002 » Tue 25 Jun, 2019 13:56

Hi everyone,

Lately, I have been having issues with my pool vacuum not running properly. I have a Baracuda and it’s 2 months old since my old one broke down. I recently had high psi reaching 30 and vacuum has no suction. I cleaned my D.E. filter, added enough d.e. into the skimmer basket and now the pump psi reads 5-6 which is considered normal. I have a spa so now the water spills over normally. Only problem that I am having is when I attach the vacuum hose to the skimmer the psi immediately drops to 0 and water in the spa doesn’t spill over. I’ve tried almost everything I have researched and still nothing. I checked the vacuum hose and made sure everything is tight and no holes. I checked the skimmer hole to see if there was a clog. I put several leaves into the skimmer to see if it goes through to the pump and it did. I even turned the Jandy valve back and forth from skimmer to sideport so that air is out of the line. I already put lube around the o-ring of the pump. I’m just out of ideas and would like to know if anyone had experience this same problem. Any other suggestions will help. Thanks.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool vacuum not working, 0 psi, cleaned filter

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 25 Jun, 2019 16:28

You obviously have a suction side air leak. Works normally but when you connect the vacuum it puts an extra load on the suction and the line of less resistance is your leak which sucks in air.
I take it that the pump basket fills with air when you vacuum
The only places are the pump and lineto skimmer/main drain. Try the pump drain plugs
Tony002
I'm new here
I'm new here
Pebble
DE
Pool & spa

Postby Tony002 » Thu 27 Jun, 2019 13:53

I’ll try to take a look at the pump drain plugs but if that’s not the cause, any other ideas?
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 27 Jun, 2019 14:52

Are you filling the vacuum hose with water before connecting, best way to fill the vacuum hose is hold it in front of a return.
Tony002
I'm new here
I'm new here
Pebble
DE
Pool & spa

Postby Tony002 » Thu 27 Jun, 2019 16:04

I submerge the vacuum in the water and the hose until all the bubbles come out before attaching to skimmer hole. I try to keep the hose in the water as long as I can before it goes to skimmer hole.
ibra0078
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby ibra0078 » Sun 06 Oct, 2019 06:26

I have the same issue with my vacuum, when using it I loose all pressure and I can't get the vacuum to work. When connected the pump instantly fills with air therefore loosing pressure.

How can I fix this issue?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 07 Oct, 2019 01:45

As I stated previously you have a suction side air leak
If you have tried all the previous try a new / borrowed vacuum hose

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”