Air bubbles

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
Benzjm02
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground, typical Florida pool with hot tub included

Air bubbles

Postby Benzjm02 » Sun 21 Jul, 2019 12:43

I have a very typical Florida in ground pool with hot tub attached. I am getting air bubbles out of one my in takes back into the pool. When I put my hand over it, the other one in the pool doesn't get bubbles. I checked all Connections at the pump, everything appears to be tight, no water leaks. If I was to screw in a plug into the one that has the bubbles, will it hurt my pool by only having water come back into the other? I think the air may be at the one inlet where the bubble are appearing.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Air bubbles

Postby Teapot » Sun 21 Jul, 2019 14:15

That's a return, not an inlet? You'll slow the flow a bit, cause worse circulation and maybe put more load on the pump increasing your electric bill.
On the other hand you could fix it? If it's the return fitting, Check out Anderson Frankenplug fitting saver, takes seconds to fit!
https://www.leaktools.com/fitting-saver.html
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 22 Jul, 2019 02:26

Benzjm02 wrote:I have a very typical Florida in ground pool with hot tub attached. I am getting air bubbles out of one my in takes back into the pool. When I put my hand over it, the other one in the pool doesn't get bubbles. I checked all Connections at the pump, everything appears to be tight, no water leaks. If I was to screw in a plug into the one that has the bubbles, will it hurt my pool by only having water come back into the other? I think the air may be at the one inlet where the bubble are appearing.

You don't normally get air bubbles from a return leak as it's always under pressure. Most air bubbles are caused by a suction side leak
If you aren't losing water does your pH rise
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 22 Jul, 2019 03:41

I have seen one that worked like a Venturi, very unusual

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”