Help Identifying Replacement Skimmer Weir Flap

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
Gailon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 * 25 Concrete Block Mound Pool

Help Identifying Replacement Skimmer Weir Flap

Postby Gailon » Sun 16 May, 2021 17:41

Hi all,

First time post and first time pool owner!

We just bought a house last month with our first pool! We are working hard to get it up and running for the summer! It is a concrete block mound pool built in the 60's. The original owners of the pool and house sold the house to us. It has been about two years since the pool has been opened, though! We are working hard to patch cracks and repaint with rubber paint, the same kind used in the previous application.

My question here is about the pool skimmer flap! It looks like the previous owner made some MacGyver work to install a pool flap. To me it seems like he cut down a flap that was too big and installed it with some rubber to make it actually flap.

Can you all think of any better way for me to replace the flap without doing the same? I've looked into some flaps with Hinges but they all seem to be 8.5" wide. My current flap is only 6" wide. I could cut down a flap with hinges like the previous owner but the hinges themselves would have to be inside my 6" width.

Thanks so much, any help and ideas of maybe flap models that might get me close and something to start with would be super appreciated!

Mike

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”