News and announcements
from the Pool Help Forums.
duraleigh
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 24X52 DIY Concrete and liner

Help us conduct a test

Postby duraleigh » Wed 13 Oct, 2010 06:51

This website ALWAYS has the most number of online users by far of any of the swimming pool forums yet, very frequently, it has the LEAST number of posts.

I don't get it....are there just hundreds and hundreds of lurkers who come on hear to read the 2-4 posts daily or is something askew with the "users online" count?

Let's do an experiment. In 10 minutes, (8:00AM Eastern Daylight Time) please post to this thread that you are online. Simply create a post that says "I'm online".....you don't have to register or anything.

As I began typing this, there were supposed to be 90 users online. So it seems to me that we should get at the VERY least 50-60 of you willing to post up and announce your presence.

8 minutes to go!!!

24x52 DIY concrete block and liner
1.5HP pump 925lb sand filter
http://www.tftestkits.net
duraleigh
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 24X52 DIY Concrete and liner

Help us conduct a test

Postby duraleigh » Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:26

ZERO Replies........that's pretty revealing. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
24x52 DIY concrete block and liner
1.5HP pump 925lb sand filter
http://www.tftestkits.net
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 15 x 40 ft inground fiberglass

Help us conduct a test

Postby dalehileman » Sat 16 Oct, 2010 14:25

Leigh, might one reason for more visitors than participants be the complex anti-hacker provisions required at each posting though I'm a bit confused since this very posting didn't invoke that very precondition. Has it been suspended or banished since the last time I posted

Not a criticizm as that requirement might discourage a more casual participant bearing the less compelling thought

Incidentally I was surprised that you were surprised at eliciting no hits within ten minutes so herewith invite other participants to post their reaction also

Reason for my delay in responding to your post: The very first attempt apparently triggered a glitch in your algorithm which became confused by one or more postings with a misspelling of my username which prevented me from either signing in or signing up for several days which confounded me as I could find no way to register my dilemma without first signing in until I resorted to a Google "contact us" purveyance whereupon Admin helper Larry finally restored my membership

The digital world hornswoggles me
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Help us conduct a test

Postby dalehileman » Sun 17 Oct, 2010 11:19

"....., it has the LEAST number of posts....
I don't get it...."

..whreupon I replied, "might one reason......be the complex anti-hacker provisions required at each posting"

Meantime however Larry has advised me that the captchas aren't normally required of a member, that my own encounter before each post owed to a glitch in our algorithm that couldn't cope with a typo in my username

Therefore I don't get it either. How can a site with the largest number of posts get the fewest new ones

I still don't fathom Duraleigh's surprise at getting no responses within ten minutes so herewith solicit other participants' reactions....

....though after 4 days I too am puzzled at the lack of rejoinder

Fellas, where are you all
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Help us conduct a test

Postby dalehileman » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:57

Hello anybody
WillieApola
I'm new here
I'm new here

-

Postby WillieApola » Fri 24 Mar, 2023 08:33

I hope theres a bit more rallying than this from those in a position to do so...thought that was the point of this forum, well done TLC,surely theres others up there?
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Help us conduct a test

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 24 Mar, 2023 13:10

No one really answers this thread as duraleigh owns TFP site and is a massive egotistical pratt.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “News & Announcements from the Pool Forum”